Cyfle Swydd: Cynhyrchydd
CYMRAEG I DDOD YN FUAN
- An international tour of an existing production, ‘Block’. ‘Block (a co-production with Motionhouse) is a mid scale outdoor touring production that toured during 2016 and 2017.
- A new production, ‘Lexicon’, which will premier in March 2018. ‘Lexicon’ is a large scale tented touring production that has been commissioned by the New Vic Theatre, Newcastle-under-Lyme, as part of the 2018 Circus Past Present and Future celebration of circus in the birthplace of its founder, Philip Astley. Lexicon will then tour throughout the UK and internationally. Within the planned tour the performance run in each location may be augmented with wrap around activity – engagement programmes, youth circus residencies, community training opportunities, masterclasses, pre-show talks, etc.
- The Newcastle-under-Lyme Circus Village. Alongside the rehearsals, premier and first three performance weeks of ‘Lexicon’, NoFit State will deliver a six week programme of creative residencies, conferences, gatherings, and creative exchange within a ‘Circus Village in Newcastle-under-Lyme during March and April 2018.
- Spotlight Circus Village, Avignon (July 2018). Alongside the performances of ‘Lexicon’ in Avignon, NoFit State is producing a small British Circus Festival. Delivered in partnership with Crying Out Loud, the Spotlight Festival in Avignon will see three companies perform alongside NoFit State within a designated circus site.
- Contracting and managing the 2018 international tour of Block
- Producing and managing all activity within the ‘Circus Village’ in Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Producing and managing the three other companies performing alongside NoFit State in Avignon
- Producing and managing all ‘wrap around’ activity within other ‘Lexicon’ performance locations.
- Financial management of and reporting against designated and defined budgets – ensuring cost effective solutions and best value for money
- Working alongside the company’s Technical Production Manager and Operations Manager to develop and manage detailed and co-ordinated production and event schedules within defined areas of responsibility and ensure co-ordinated, smooth, efficient, and effective delivery of all programme elements.
- Contracting and liaising with presenting partners (Block) all company and project staff (Block, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Avignon), all visiting companies (Avignon) to ensure the clear, co-ordinated, and effective management of all defined relationships.
- Liaising with the FOH teams in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Avignon to ensure best possible experience for audiences and visitors
- Line Management of project based and local staff in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Avignon
Highly organised and self-motivating with demonstrably excellent organisational and management skills
Creative thinker with good problem solving skills
Ability to plan workloads and effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
Ability to positively collaborate with and motivate co-workers
Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
Educated to degree level or equivalent vocational experience
At least 3 years’ experience of producing and / or event and production management within festivals, live events, or live performance festivals, contemporary circus or theatre productions, touring.
Experience of circus producing and touring – including both tented and open- air productions.
Demonstrable experience of effectively managing significant budgets
Familiarity with finance software packages
Full driving licence
The ability to communicate effectively in more than one language (in particular French as well as English and/or Welsh)
Computer literate and comfortable using and learning to use a variety of software packages including database systems
Experience of using project management software packages
Demonstrable experience of responsibility for Health and Safety management
H & S qualifications IOSH or NEBOSH